For Photoshop services:

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Egypt October 2011

Today is my birthday and I am thinking of Egypt, as that's where I was on my last birthday.

On our last trip we were privileged to be invited for dinner at the home of a local family. The young man, Mahmoud, works at the Cairo Marroitt and we got to know him having stayed there several times in the past.

Mahmoud along with his mother and sister live on El Harum St., harum means pyramid in Arabic and their home is very close to them indeed. As guests we were treated royally with a wonderful meal of chicken and duck along with native Egyptian dishes which I cannot name. They were extremely gracious hosts even giving us gifts when we left.

Mamoud's mother and sister spoke almost no English and my Arabic is limited but we all had a wonderful evening together nonetheless.  Hopefully someday we can return to Cairo and invite these kind people to be our guests.


2 comments:

  1. That's me in the photo. I recall that Mahmoud's sister, loved Turkey and Turkish soap opera TV. The love stories I suppose and he said, she watched them diligently every evening. She told us she loved the topography, the geography of the land. We visited Turkey only once in our life, yet would also put this country on anyone's "must see" list. This family was so kind and gracious to us, it's a visit that will stay with us always.

    ReplyDelete

If you have trouble posting, make sure cookies are allowed for this site. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies